The James Hogg Exhibition, is now at its most appropriate home at the head of the remote and beautiful Ettrick Valley. It is next door to Ettrickhall, where James Hogg was born towards the end of 1770, and where he lived and worked for the first fifteen years of his life. Just beyond that is his grave, in the peaceful kirkyard of Ettrick Kirk. He was laid to rest there in 1835, beside his parents and grandparents. This collection has been built up over the years since 1985, when the Ettrick Shepherd’s Festival was held throughout the Borders to commemorate the 150th anniversary of Hogg’s death. In 1994, the exhibition was opened to the public at the newly restored Aikwood Tower; in 2003 it was transferred to the courtyard of Bowhill House. Now it has “come home”.